• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever think about quitting because of injuries?

I've had minor injuries while training, but nothing to cause me to want to quit because of it. Recently I met a guy who had been training in Aikido for some time, and after talking to him, he stopped his training because of a philsophical dilemma. I can perhaps see that happening more than the injuries itself, unless of course the injury is so severe that stopping may be the only option. Just my opinion.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop traing because of injuries. NOPE. If I can still stand on my 2 feet I'll go :)

It's the love of my life and even if there is some time since I started, it's still like in the first day. I'm enthusiastic and passionate about it.

I hope I'll never have pauses in my training cause od injuries and I think I'll have to stop for a while when I'll become a mom. It's still so far away, that I don't bother yet planning my life then :D

Don't get me wrong. I'm not quitting because of a little boo boo. I might take a week off to heal up more, but I just wanted to see how hard core some other people are. Martial arts are addictive, aren't they?

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

HI ZR,

I have thought about it myself not too long ago. Its really hard to train hurt or at half of what you are capable of. Take that week or 2 get healed up a bit. Youll be a lot better off in the long run.

I cant quit, my mental illness wont let me!!!! :o :o :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I was hit by skipping yoko-geri's repeatedly during a black belt grading test. The dude was my senior and almost everyone feared him. I had a terrible pain in the stomach for at least the next two days. But during that time, I kept doing my situps .. infact I tried to double what I already did to kill the pain!

I've even suffered a lung infection. I was totally drained of all my energy and it hurt like hell when I tried to twist my body. Even then, I would practise my maya-geri when my parents were not around, and try to do it as good as I did it when I was in good health.

I think Martial Arts heals. Once you're into it, your'e a machine .. you live like the machine and die like the machine .. if you are serious about it that is.

Sho-dan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate.

If it's something serious that'll take time to heal of course I'll take a break. However, if it's just some bruising on my ribs or my elbow got over-extended a bit or something along those lines I'll likely be right back for the next class.

Woo, sorry to hear about all of your misfortune man. I've busted up my knee cap and quit for a year cuz i had to get some delicate surgery stuff done..bleh, but anyway, take it easy and take it one step at time. Get well! Thats the main idea! =P

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

Ya, I dropped Jui Jitso twice, once was because i dislocated my shoulder (this was when i was like 13-14) and the second time was because of hockey and a mix of the both caused a RSI(Repetative Strain injury) on my right knee. After the second time i quit the class was ended, so i never got a chance to do it again.