• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Full Contact vs. Point Sparring

ok, I was being extreme..what I mean is if someone has never been hit or is not used to a good level of contact they are going to have a whole lot of trouble if someone clocks them in the nose..alot of training is going to go out the window..trust me.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completly wit ninjanurse but if ur wanting to know whats more efficient of a fighter i would say full contact because of the barrier that point fighting gives because of its restrictions in the ring and there is also a degree of training the student should receive i.e body conditioning, sensitivity training,contact sparring..ect.

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

sparring is sparring. i love it all! actually i like continious b/c you don't have to stop until the match is over. but point sparring teaches you to block where as continious doesn't. it depends on the person.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

I consider both cases, point sparring and full contact, to be specified sports governed by rules. As a sport, I don’t particularly enjoy point sparring very much, but I try not to have any illusions that full contact sparring is closer to true combat. I also think true combat (excluding the use of weapons) looks to be something of a combination of these two sports (I imagine it to be a full contact game of tag for a groin shot or eye gauge).

I consider both cases, point sparring and full contact, to be specified sports governed by rules. As a sport, I don’t particularly enjoy point sparring very much, but I try not to have any illusions that full contact sparring is closer to true combat. I also think true combat (excluding the use of weapons) looks to be something of a combination of these two sports (I imagine it to be a full contact game of tag for a groin shot or eye gauge).

despite what some may think, normal people dont go stright for eye gouging...they throw punches..usually wild ones.

Full contact sprarring mma style is pretty close to real combat.

despite what some may think, normal people dont go stright for eye gouging...they throw punches..usually wild ones.

Full contact sprarring mma style is pretty close to real combat.

I agree it’s pretty close. A mma fighter would probably have some skills that would help them do very well in real combat. I still say though to be more to be like real combat, the rules of mma would have to be more point sparring like. Even just the addition of groin shots would completely change the way grappling is done.