• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any Hapkido people?

Our sambumnim is a 6th Dan in Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido. Although he teaches self defense as part of the Tae Kwon Do cirriculum, the Hapkido portion is a separate class.

We have a quite a few people that reach black belt in Tae Kwon Do and then cross over into the Hapkido class.

Our first form for Hapkido is at the green belt level and is called Jae Ill Bup

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey new to this form from dragonslist. I'm glad to see that there is a forum where I fit in more so than at a Kung Fu based one. I study Sin Moo Hap Ki Do under Gm J.B. Lee in Va. at the Internation Hapkido Martial Arts University. We are trditional Hapkido. We do no competitions and no TKD. I was lucky to find my teacher. He started dtudying under Choi about a year after Jae. Jae certified him in his 9th dan in 1983. As a matter a fact Gm Jae is supposed to be comming to my dojang in Sept. I'm pretty stoked about it. I've been studying Hapkido for 3 years now. I'm supposed to go for 2nd dan about Sept. time frame. It would sure be the stuff if Jae was there when I tested.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

• 5 weeks later...
my name is ike iam writing to let you know those of you who can not find a hapkido school in phila pa. there are two that i know of no.1 there is is the hankuk gym martial arts school the teachers name is master son tae soo the phone no. is 215-549-1948 the other is the sinmoo hapkido school which mike had mentioned on the chatline i have studied with both master son and dojunim ji han jae.i speak from expierience there both awesome ps.hope that i have been helpful in aiding you in your search Ike C

H@pkid0ist, GM Ji was great at the seminar he did up here in Connecticut. Good luck on your test.

Ike, Welcome aboard. :)

Take care

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

I want to study it but there isnt a dojo in my area.

What state are you from? Then we cantry to list Hapkido dojangs from around the state. May be one will be near your town.

take care :)

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

My Gm has to go to Korea a week early so now I guess Jae is going to meet him up there. Kinda sucks. I guss I will meet him some other time.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

• 1 month later...

Heya

I will be attending Grandmaster Kwang Seek Hyun's school of Hapikido. I can't wait. I've heard great things about it and well, find it extremely interesting..

-Arys

I've been studying Hapkido for 3 years now. I'm supposed to go for 2nd dan about Sept. time frame.

You've only been studying 3 years and you're going for 2nd dahn already? I thought it took a lot longer than that in Hapkido. How many techniques (and whatever else) do you need to learn for 1st dahn?

I was in Kuk Sool Won for 8 years before getting 2nd dahn, and I'm moving faster than average. I thought KSW was pretty similar to Hapkido.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.