• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any Hapkido people?

i just started taking hapkido, and i love it. it is lots and lots of kicking and joint locks. my wrist still hurts from last week. it is loads of fun. my favorite part is there is NO KATA!! i cant stand kata (i apologise to every one who like kata) i cant remember it and i find it very pointles.

SHORTDOG

In the road of life there are many paths. If you don't know where you are going, any one will take you there.

join me in my quest to aquire knowledge of all martial arts of the world at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofmartialarts

or email

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is kata (or poomse whatever) in HapKiDo but they very rarely practice it. All we had to do was do it once and we never had to do it again. It was very pointless.

HapKiDo is essentially a mix between TKD and Jiujitsu. Mine however was more like a mix of kickboxing and BJJ (because the instructor was a cross trainer).

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello

I've been studying Sin Moo Hapkido for about a year 1/2 in Phila. I've even trained at Grand Master Ji, Han Jae's School! He is amazing. I feel really lucky to attend classes taught by the founder. I'm new here, so just saying hello.

see ya,

Mike from Philadelphia, PA

Mike D.

I study Sin Moo Hapkido

On 2002-06-23 00:28, djcerk wrote:hello

I've been studying Sin Moo Hapkido for about a year 1/2 in Phila. I've even trained at Grand Master Ji, Han Jae's School! He is amazing.

Hey, welcome aboard, Mike!

I just went to a GM Ji seminar here in Connecticut. He was a prettey nice guy. He had a good sence of humor and had great technique. :smile:

Take care.

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

I was in Hapkido about 10 years ago.

A lot of people see Hapkido as a really comprehensive art... covers a lot of bases. The real Hapkido people will do some major damage to a person.

But just like a lot of arts, good luck finding the real thing in the yellow pages. If you've found something pure that's found its way to the US, you're fortunate.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

On 2002-06-26 22:26, djcerk wrote:

Excellent, Chris. I can't believe the way he moves.. he's so fast! What did you learn @ the seminar?

We learned about Sin Moo philosphy, breathing exercises, and a lot of technique. It was a good time.

Take care :smile:

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu