• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Movie Magic Or Real?

I seen movies (and espn2) where there is a stack of bricks and someone can pick one out and the martial artist will break only that brick from the whole stack. I posted it here in the Internal Arts because I feel it would be from an internal art that this would come from.. (and if i remember somone did something similiar to this on espn2 and i think he said it was his chi)

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can do the "front board or back board" with some reliability. I don't think the basic concept of picking a brick is pysically impossible, but I'd imagine it requires a skill the human body cannot reproduce.

So far, I have never seen it done (other than first or last of 2) under controlled conditions. I'm dubious.

I seen it on ESPN2 also. It has something to do with Ki. They can focus their Ki energy on the board/brick they pick and only break that one. I could be wrong, though. I don't know much about ki energy yet. But I don't think it's fake.

Laurie F

KarateKid1975 I thought I saw it on espn as well I also thought I heard, chi, ki, qi something. He focused on one of the bricks in the row and hit the top and then moved the bricks off and that one was broken... I mean there wasnt 40 bricks laying there but it was enough to look amazing.. hehe just making sure im not nuts :lol:

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

Feezing a birck works because water gets into the cracks of the bricks. Then when you freeze it it expands forcing the birck apart a little and making it weaker.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate