• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

repition, learning the techniques

I was recently at a seminar with Fabio Holanda,(bjj bb) and hes on the brazilian top team,anyways he stated during the seminar that, in order to know a technique you must have practiced it aroun 3,000 times, :o WOW,

is it just me or is thta a long time to learn a technique, would'nt the person get the hang of it at alot less than that?

( any your thoughts+opinions?) :D

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nope

In Karate they say you must do a Kata 10,000 times to learn it.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Everyone should be suspicious of someone who claims that doing a technique a few times will make you proficient with it. It takes a high number of repitions to groove a move. And also it takes a high number of repitions to add speed and power to the move. Not to mention strengthening the muscles and balance specific to that move.

3.000 times is only a number.

You have to practice a technique over, over, and over so that you can do it natural manner, many times...

roll, roll .. :D

I was recently at a seminar with Fabio Holanda,(bjj bb) and hes on the brazilian top team,anyways he stated during the seminar that, in order to know a technique you must have practiced it aroun 3,000 times, :o WOW,

is it just me or is thta a long time to learn a technique, would'nt the person get the hang of it at alot less than that?

( any your thoughts+opinions?) :D

Valencia - Venezuela.

3000 is JUST a number and not that big as it would seem. Let me try to explain ... Let's take for instance a punch, I take gyaku tsuki cause everybody knows how a reverse punch looks :) Suppose you do it 50 repetitions a training session (normally one would do more of them, but let's just take 50). In 10 nights ... 500 repetitions ... 60 training sessions ... 3000 !!!

So what's the big deal? In an year time you've done it more than 3000 times, so it's not that impossible :D

yea whenever i first learn a technique .. especially in bjj .. id do it constantly for at least a half hour training .. doin it slowly .. then in the meanwhile increasin the speed and accuracy. on the other hand i do think that 3,000 times is an exaggeration, it'd take forever if it was a somewhat advanced BJJ technique (im not talking about an armbar from the guard, more of an inverted omoplata-type advanced). I'd say well around 200 times is enough.

"Accept what is useful. Reject what is useless." -Bruce Lee

Shodan - Shizukana-do