• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have never taken TKD, but from what I have seen, would say the art has some of the better airial kicks.

Just wondering..

How do most of you throw a 540?

The way I was taught was the throw a jump spinning inside cresent kick and basically spin a half time more while landing on the kicking foot.

Just wanted to know how some of you do it. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I do it like a tornado kick (360 cresent). Except that I land on my kicking leg, basically like you were taught. But I'm trying to do it with a roundhouse kick, but you have to turn your hip over more, and have a lot of speed to land on your kicking leg. Check out https://www.bilang.com for trick kicks ;)

Laurie F

Very interesting.

I don't attempt it much, but our 540 is a spin heel kick. Start with right leg in front, jump spin heel kick with the front leg, land with right leg behind.

But then again, I'm not TKD. :wink:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

yeh my instructor is currently teaching me how to do it, its a hard one to learn.... i have never seen anyone do it like my instructor though, he can also do a 720

i can so far only do a tornado/helicopter kick and land on the same leg

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-

There's a kid in my dojang that picked it up REALLY quick. I showed him once, then a few tries, and he got it down ..... gggggrrrrrrrrr. I've been working on that kick for so long.

For MOST people, it's (540) the hardest trick kick to learn. If you can get it down, the rest are easy (it seems).

Laurie F

I can do a 720 by doing a 540 and just going around another half turn, but I hear that isn't the normal way to do a 720.

A true 720 is a jumping spinning outside cresent or hook which is done of the first go round then a full spin is completed after. This is what I was told, thoughts anyone?

That site has a 1080!!!!!

OMG I can't even imagine that kick.

yeh have you seen the albertsville sampler from that site? amazing!!!

i can do a butterfly kick pretty well haha, but im still working on 540

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-