• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tell me something about your art and what you like about it?

First of all... :P :P :P .

Secondly, Kuk Sool Won is probably closest to Hapkido, but with some TKD and TSD elements mixed in. It was created about the same time as the modern versions of the afore mentioned three, and for a short time, Hapkido and KSW were attempting to merge organizations. Thus spawned the Kuk Sool Hapkido organization some of you may know.

https://www.kuksoolwon.com

Depending on who you ask, it may also have elements of Gung Fu included as well (Chin Na and I forget what else).

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like shotokan well only beacuse that is the only style i have ever done so i have to say i like it the best lol why beacuse i like the katas and its a great style to learn how to fight my instructor thinks of this more for fighting not kata so we do more fighting stuff then basics and kata but we always do our basics

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

I study isshinryu. Not real big in kata that much. I've never been much on you do this then I'll do this! But I understand the importance of the principles in the katas. They say Martial Arts. Well I think art is self expression. There is only so much of your self you can express doing the exact same movements as every one else. What I really like about it is my instructor pushes and motivates you to your max. If you go to class you will be garranteed a good work out. And we spar alot. Full contact twice a week. So after practicing katas and doing drills you can really cut loose in the ring.

I have trained in many styles but my favorite has to capoeira the control you get is unbeatable [Other styles worth trying are Koen ken/Hakkyoku-ken/Hagakure-ryu Ju-jutsu/Jeet kune do/Drunken kung fu/Tourou-ken/Shaolin style/Tae kwon do/Judo/Kickboxing/Mantis boxing/Boxing/And my personal style K.O.F-K.O.D Only accuired if mastered all styles above. Also has anyone-else won an iron fist Champ.

Personal wins 67 wins 0 losses 67 KOs. Also Do not try to beat an Uri ken Fighter if asked you must be a 7th degree black in many styles I had a problem sussing his style due to him having over 190 styles.One last thing who else has trained in many styles as me and developed their own style. And I am not a white belt 7th degree black in 10 of the true twelve

:-? :-? :-?

K.O.D., I think your getting a little off topic. Please feel free to start your own thread on fighting stats and starting your own style.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I study, train in and teach Wado Ryu. It is the only pure style to ever come from mainland Japan and is considered the baby of karate's. I like it and find it easier to practise as it is an evasive style as opposed to a solid blocking-style of defence such as Shotokan. Don't get me wrong I'm not having ago at Shotokan - I just could never get on with those deep stances!

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. ~ Sir Winston Churchill (not a martial artist, but very apt all the same)

BJJ

ive always really enjoyed grappling .. submissions and positions alike.

Kickboxing

really enjoy that too .. great for keepin in shape and its widely diverse standup tactics.

"Accept what is useful. Reject what is useless." -Bruce Lee

Shodan - Shizukana-do

Well the thing that first attracted be to karate was basically a show on Discoverey channle. I saw a couple guys gettin' 2x4s beaten over them and it didn't hurt them at all. I also so a guy punching a buket of tacks, and they weren't even breaking the skin. I thought it looked pretty nifty, and I also knew that I knew some friennd that took karate and there was quite a few dojos in my area.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Shotokan - Great for power.

TaeKwonDo - I like the flexibility and of course the fancy kicks.

Kenpo - Quick Hands.

Okinawan Weapons - Who doesn't like playing w/ weapons?