• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tell me something about your art and what you like about it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed Tang Soo Do. I joined for self defense, and I did get it. But it was a "hybrid" (sp?) style of TSD, because we learned TSD forms and one steps, but with Combat Hapkido self defense with a mix of Muay Thai kick boxing. I thought it was awsome. If you ever watch me spar, I do Muay Thai low kicks, and cut kicks, but I do the typical korean style high kicks. It looks weird, but that's how I learned. Not much ground work, though. That's why I did jujitsu for a while (which was taught in the same dojang, different instructor).

My TKD dojang is much to be desired. I do enjoy the high kicks (any kicking actually :D ), and the Chin Na (when they do teach it), but it isn't much for self defense.

Judo, well when I get my butt outta bed for it on a saturday morning is great. I see a lot of joint locks, ground fighting, ect. But I'm only a white belt, so I still work on falls LOL.

Laurie F

bjj, being able to actually use the submissions during combat and the simplicity of the techniques and strategy. I have studied karate,kung fu,ninpo,kajukenbo,blauer tactical, but i have never found a ma' that functions as effiently and effectively as brazilian jiu-jitsu.

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

bjj, being able to actually use the submissions during combat and the simplicity of the techniques and strategy. I have studied karate,kung fu,ninpo,kajukenbo,blauer tactical, but i have never found a ma' that functions as effiently and effectively as brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Don't forget that's only for grappling though.

Just as I have never found anything more practical and effective as MuayThai for stand up.

But everyone has their own opinion of what is best.

Anyways,lets not start fighting in here by saying whose style is best or what is more practical,I don't want this thread locked.

Since this thread is more a generic question, I'm going to move it over to the General forum, so hopefully more members can participate.

Kuk Sool Won is my art. I like it because it has a little bit of everything. Mostly resembles Hapkido, and has some ground fighting, clinch fighting, etc. It's also a hard/soft style, and therefore I have a good chance of being able to continue it into old age.

BTW, MTF I'm 36. Are you trying to say 34 is already old. :bawling: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Since this thread is more a generic question, I'm going to move it over to the General forum, so hopefully more members can participate.

Kuk Sool Won is my art. I like it because it has a little bit of everything. Mostly resembles Hapkido, and has some ground fighting, clinch fighting, etc. It's also a hard/soft style, and therefore I have a good chance of being able to continue it into old age.

BTW, MTF I'm 36. Are you trying to say 34 is already old. :bawling: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I'm not saying 34 is old.Don't worry I don't think 36 is old just ancient.

LOL :lol:

What exactly is Kuk Sool Won? sounds like some form of Tae kwon do.

or is Kuk Sool Won some type of korean soup? LOL :lol:

Don't you just love my sense of humour?HA HA HA