• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tell me something about your art and what you like about it?

I have done different martial arts styles,but still interested in what people have to say about their art.

What do you enjoy about your particular style?Do you find it to be effective both in and out of ring? or Do you not do martial arts for self-defense?What is your reason for doing martial arts? etc.

Please share with me,your reasons and opinions.

This thread is not meant for fighting,just as the others weren't either,however doesn't seem to stop moderators from shutting down all my threads,thanks to those who,take everything so personal and don't know how to discuss without being hurt,so please be as nice and friendly as possible in here.

I would like to have at least one thread that doesn't close down soon after opening it.

Edited by MuayThai Fighter

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my style is BJJ, i enjoy roll and that i can defeat opponents larger than me, it's effective out and in the ring

Ya,I've never done BJJ,but I've both heard and seen how effective it is,as long as you're in a position to grapple.

If interested in my art,Muay Thai,please feel free to checkout this site that best explains it.

http://members.aol.com/Thaiboxing2000/

I joined martial arts for self-defense purposes,to keep fit,and for motivation.After trying Goju Ryu Karate and Meibu-Kan,I decided to try Muay Thai,which I enjoyed most and find more effective,but of course that's my opinion.

What I like most about Muay Thai is the quickness,speed,power and the amazing brutal shin kicks,knees, elbow strikes and the clinching,as well as the powerful punches of boxing in Muay Thai.

One thing I really like about Muay Thai is how fast you can improve in the art and become a better fighter.

my main style is TKD, i love it because we learn alot about everything. most people who havnt come in contact with it think its all high kicks and spiny jumpy things. nope not even close. i really enjoy it and i know it would come in handy in a fight.

im happy to discuss anything about my style.

Alright, I'll post a little about some of the arts I've taken.

Shotokan Karate: What I enjoyed most about this style was the kata. I don't really care if it didn't make me as good a fighter as some styles that train specifically for tournaments, I just enjoy learning. The kata more than anything else calmed me down and made things feel very natural, flowing, it was nice.

TKD: To be honest, there isn't much I enjoyed here. Well, with the exception of seeing how high I could kick or jump. That wasn't bad, but I didn't have an instructor that I particularily liked.

Jujutsu: In both the Jujutsu styles that I've dabbled in I loved to work on wrist locks. It never fails to amaze me how easy it is to control someone with such a small part of their body. Making people spin is definately fun.