• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When did YOU start in Martial Arts?

When did You start in Martial Arts?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. When did You start in Martial Arts?

• Age 5 and under
    • Age 6 - 12
    • Age 12-19
    • Age 20-35
    • Age 35-50
    • Age Over 50

I started when I was 5

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I started judo at the age of 4, still doing it. Moved class at the age of 10 though... started again and i dont really like it but i still do it for the fitness. I started jujitsu when i was 9 and now am 14 and also started goshin jutsu at 13.

- Nathan

I started at 17 yrs old, but then after a couple of years I got lazy. I got going again in Chinese Kenpo at the young young age of 29 and WAY overweight. Now, I'm an even younger 30 and not so overweight.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

i started judo when i was abiut 9 but the club closed down just as i was starting to like it. i am now thincking of starting another martial art

I started tkd at age 6, trained seriously till age 13, moved and took up isshinryu for about 2 years, to much of a change at that age so I left and trained in american freestyle for about 2 years, left the arts all together in'93. Came back in'02- to isshinryu, and now as an adult, I love it...glad to back, can't see myself without it. :karate:

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

When I was 9. This is a good age because you're old enough to understand more, and young enough to easily adapt.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Started at 18.. never really had a chance to train in any MA before I hit college, so I guess I started as soon as I could :P

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

I started when I was a senior in High School (17). After college I started a different style. I am now 23 and loving Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan. You are never to old to learn something you are interested in!

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• 2 weeks later...