• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When did YOU start in Martial Arts?

When did You start in Martial Arts?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. When did You start in Martial Arts?

• Age 5 and under
    • Age 6 - 12
    • Age 12-19
    • Age 20-35
    • Age 35-50
    • Age Over 50

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i started out with boxing when i was a little kid but the actual martial arts with kicks and such wasn't until i was around 12, of course i wish i was younger when i started but at least i joined! Before i went to the military there was an 80 some yr old woman that joined the class, i am also familiar with many that are in there 40s and 50s that just started, b/c their kids were in and found that they enjoyed it, and then it became part of their life too.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• 4 months later...
I statrted when I was a 19 year old freshman. I am now 26, and haven't let up yet.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

I started Shotokan when I was 20, I'm now 24.

I always wanted to do martial arts when I was younger, but my parents would never let me. :bawling:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my mum and dad was teaching it and i want nothing to do with it until one of my friends went along then i became interested in it, i was 6 when i started.

didnt want anything to do with it as i did see my mum and dad on nights and weekend due to competitions and training and teaching, but now i love it, and they hardly see me.

:)

oliver willison

I was in eighth grade...got into a fight, got my butt whooped, and my mom shoved me into San Chin Ryu. Been with one MA or another ever since.

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."