• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's wrong with karate?

BKJ1216

well you can learn to some extent with videos and book assuming you have a parter to work out with.

Royler and Renzo Gracie have a pretty good book called Brazilian jiu jitsu theory and technique.

there are also alot of good videos out there. obviously a good insctructor would be the best but you can learn to some extent with other tools...

but like i said you need someone to roll with..other than that not sure what you could do.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UFC is still a sport. It has rules. The rules tend to favor a grappler.

Not only that. The UFC gets the best MArists from around the world. It the art in its' best form. These guys train harder and longer than most of us. They can take and give far more punishment than we can.

I would like to see a BJJ practitioner take a couple of hits from me, then do a take down, and ground work, while I am giving them a concussion.

These new styles are partially so great becasue they attract sports fighter at the top of their game, who are looking for something new and that hasn't been done before.

I disagree, they used to, but not anymore. Now they favour a ground and pound style

You missed my point. The fightrs of the UFC and Pride are at the top of their game. While most people are not. Therefore UFC is only an indicator of hat the fighter is capable of at their highest potential.

I disagree, they used to, but not anymore. Now they favour a ground and pound style

You missed my point. The fightrs of the UFC and Pride are at the top of their game. While most people are not. Therefore UFC is only an indicator of hat the fighter is capable of at their highest potential.

There are many other fighters that are at the top of their game. The difference is that they do ameture tornuments and things like that. I've started to look at UFC more like entertainment. And when I wath UFC the only stuff I see is people taking them to the ground, and pounding them.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

There are many other fighters that are at the top of their game. The difference is that they do ameture tornuments and things like that. I've started to look at UFC more like entertainment. And when I wath UFC the only stuff I see is people taking them to the ground, and pounding them.

...............................................................................................

Right, can the average BJJ practitioner take the punishment from an average striker, to get the takedown? What I am saying is that this is not reality, just like the NFL is not either. These people are just to good to compare tactics to the ordinary.

They also use gloves, granted it still hurts when hit, but it pales in compariosn to a bareknuckled hit.