• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, there are alot of highlight videos on shedog.com

look at the fighter profile for Royce Gracie..i think he has one.

Ken shamrock also.

or you can rent them at most blockbusters, or buy the video set.

I tried watching UFC once. It was a grappling match though and because I have no concept of grappling I didn't know what they were doing so It wasn't really all that entertaining.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

I don't take shotokan but if the guy in video is a good representation of it I am glad i don't.

Can any of you shotokan stylists defend/critique that piece of film?

He threw one or 2 punches with nothing behind them and no direction, he walked right into that takedown - didn't even revert into a natural defense, seemed like he tried to just punch his way out....

just observations....

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

I have a hard time beliveing that fight. Find one iwth a kyokushin fighter, maybe he could actually get a hit in before the BJJ took him down.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

have a hard time beliveing that fight

since it was a $600 challenge match... I bet he didint loose on purpose and he proabably knew something if he accepted the challenge.

I have a hard time beliveing that fight. Find one iwth a kyokushin fighter, maybe he could actually get a hit in before the BJJ took him down.

you know I belive Kyokushin is a great stlye and i respect it greatly but if they trained purley in Kyokushin they wouldent do much better against a grappler.

here is a video of a Kyokushin fighter against hugo Duarte, hugo does luta livre(similar to BJJ)...

http://216.40.244.4/misc/uvt2/uvt2_duarte_vs_harris.zip

(hugo was later pounded unconcious by tank abbot :D )

Hey do you have anything like Muay Thai vs Shotokan? I want to put it in that topic that fireka made.

not off the top of my head, im going to class now...when I get back i'll see if I can did something up.