• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tournament etiquette - entering and exiting the ring

Actually third place against blue and brown belts if an outstanding performance. You have my serious congratulations.

If you are doing such an awesome job now you will be really great when you are an advanced belt.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...
awesome job! i had my first tourny 2 weeks ago and i was nervous as well! but i did pretty good, taking first in forms. first in sparring (against a red and green belt, where as i am an oarnge belt) and second in breaking. it was fun! anyways, enough rambling on, congratulations!

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

thanks aes! did you like your tourney alot? just wondering. when is your next one?

It was fun. Not sure about next one. Late April there is a Sihi (sp) but likely no novice belts for me to really compete against so I am thinking about going into a bigger one in early May.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

• 1 month later...
How we dot it: Stand at the corner of the ring and bow to the person that just finished. Walk along the outside of the ring until you get to the middle. Snap a turn towards the judges and bow in. Now, you've got options. As far as announcing your name, etc, we are told to follow the first person in our group as it is proper etiquette. If I'm first, I won't do it. Either way, you end up close to the edge of the floor go to choon bi and shout the name of your form. Wait for the head judge to motion to begin and do your thing. Afterwards, we turn around so the judges can score us. Turn back around and bow to them and back out of the ring. Turn and bow to the next competitor. Congratulations on your first tournament. Even if you do get screwed remember 2 important rules; Learn and have fun!

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".