• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello, I am currently in jujitsu and would like another martial art to compliment it. Jujitsu is great for self-defense but I want some more skills with my feet and hands. I was thinking about Kempo. Can any of you help me?

Thanks

Brian

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

take a good striking art...

shotokan

tang soo do

tae kwon do

karate

kempo

kenpo (American) - has especially fast hand work.

I find that it's easier to find a striking type school than a jujitsu type school.

Brian:

Kenpo/Kempo sounds like a great choice :D. Why...I'm just a little partial to it if you couldn't tell :lol:.

Anyway, Kenpo/Kempo does have lots of hand strikes as well as kicks, and focuses primarily on self defense. They do have katas as well, but the self defense techinques usually are the primary focus.

Well just my 2cents 8) .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I would say that any of the arts suggested by larryjf would work well. Of course I am partial to TKD, but I would say probably what you really should worry about is finding a good school. Pick which of the above you want to look at first, then look for a school. If you don't find a school that you think is a good bet to be a good school, go on to the next art.

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

I've found that a good Karate style (ie. Shotokan with a competent instructor) mixes very well with Jujutsu seeing as the base for the arts is similar. Striking in Jujutsu is similar to striking in Karate.