• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

General Question, Can anyone help?

Yea, I would be starting over again just because I am unsure of the kata.. I really wouldnt like to just start over like that again.. I find the basics of TSD and TKD boring.. I cannot say anything about hapkido or kuk sool won because I know nothing about the arts.

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No offense intended SoulAssasin If you feel like what you learned in your first school had value you should have no regrets.

Start over with another school and see how much of what you know helps you out as you begin another journey. It is not easy to change schools or to change styles.

I have 2 comments here:

Basics are basics no matter what style or system you study.

Alot of schools will take your past experience into consideration and allow you to test sooner or double grade-depending on your skill level. I wouldn't think of it as starting over...you are just making a new beginning and furthering your martial arts training in a different way. No one can ever take away what you have already learned. :)

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

very true.. I thank you all for your help, you all have been very kind :) .. now to just find that school :-)

-SoulAssassin

"I aint gonna eat, I aint gonna sleep, aint gonna breath till I see what I wanna see and what I wanna see is you goto asleep, in the dirt permanently"