• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help with improving My weak side!!!!!!!!

I think a helpful approach is to be sure to switch sides a lot in sparring, even try to favor your weak side. This way you get comfortable with naturally throwing techniques from your left. Then it is easier to later refine and perfect your leftie techniques becuase they will just feel more natural. That's what I have done, and, not to brag, but I no longer prefer one side over the other.

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you all for the advise. I think what I will do is when I am practicing at home alone I will Do 1 set on my left, 1 set on my right, and 1 set back on my left. I will also focus on using my left more often when free sparing in class.

Again Thanks

There is an interesting "game" to help you learn to use your other side. Start with a free for all - all the students up on the floor at the start the idea his to punch or kick someone and they are out. Last person standing is the winner. To make it interesting limit use to only the left arm and the left leg. It is usually the left side that is everyones weak side.

I use to fight on my weak side (right !!! :D ) and tend to apply any technique that crosses my mind :) I'm not in the kumite session to just win, I like to apply new combinations even if I sometime fail.

When in a serious situation (tournaments) for instance ... I fight to win :)

im also left footed, and for turning kicks, my legs are fairly equal, except for some more power in my leg (and yeh maybe a little height too)

but when it comes to more complicated kicks, i have to admit my right leg does suffer, at our tkd school we train both sides equally, but just recently i have started to train my weaker leg at home a little extra to bring it to a higher level

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-