• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

shukokai karate

hongkongfooi

Has Shukokai made it into the US yet? When I was looking for PhD programs, I considered Edinburgh University, and would haev love to have trained with their club!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shokukia was developed by Chojiro Tani, a is developed from okinawan styles of karate particularly Shito-ryu and Goju-ryu. It was developed using the help of physicista nd methamticians who analysed the bio-mechanics of karate and modified movements to be more practical and efficient.

As for Tani-Ha Shito Ryu, it is either the name Tani used for his original shokukai organisation, or more likely an older name for what was to be known as Shokukai. :karate:

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.

Are there any "identifying marks" to teh style? I know they have a rather unique method of oi-ziuki, but that'sa bout all. Do they do the usual 54 Shito-Ryu kata?

I looked up some more info.

Turns out Tani-ha Shito ryu was the name of the style Tani taught, but the organisation of karate he founded (based on efficientcy in techniques) was called Shokukai. Eventually the style became known as this (like how Shotokan was named after the building it was taught in.)

Yoshinao Nambu was a student and teacher of Shokukai before he created his own style called Nambudo.

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.

what u all look up the name of mast

ot tini and not 1 mention of master Kimura come on do your homework if u gonna answer

Eh? Do you speak English? I realise that it has become trendy to mis-spelll, but this is a bit silly, don't you think? :(