• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

shukokai karate

hongkongfooi

well found this forum a few days ago now not one mention of shukokai so wheres the mention of this style then i found a few topics on perfection stances whats the bestest move i aint saying mines the bestest style but try this for a thought

Sensei Tani sought to perfect his style by studying the mechanics of the human body and developed techniques which can be delivered with maximum efficiency. The theories behind Shukokai are somewhat complex and it takes a lifetime to study to truly understand the art. It is a system of combat which seeks perfection and therefore demands continuous study.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the functions of this forum is to exchange information. That said can you tell us about your style. Maybe something of it's lineage, katas, do you have any special training methods or techniques you think are unique to your style?

your trying to get as much power with as little eftort as possable your trying to get a shock effect from zero tension You should feel the recoil and you should see how it affected your partner just hitting the pads

training consists of

pad work

combinations

sparring

ippon kumites

kata naming a few

pinan shodan pinan nidan pinan sandan pinan godan

pinan yondan annanku jurokono jiin rohai

basai dai kururunfa chinto matsukaze

I too study Shokukai Karate. But I had to change to Wado Ryu when I started university.

There are some minor, and some major differences in the styles. However the use of body mechanics becomes obvious in the Yoko Geri side kick.

In Wado Ryu my instructor told me that the kick involves a defined push and then a delay before retracting the foot. This would serve to puch the enemy back quite powerfully.

In Shokukai I was taught to snap the kick and pull back, pernetrating the target with the snap. This also pushes the enemy back, but the energy discharge would also break a couple of ribs.

Any comments, or am I just doing the kick wrong?

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.

• 2 weeks later...
i do shukokai karate.i havnt realy seen any other styles of karate so i dont know how it compares with them but it is very fast and we are always taught to go straight to the target not any of this fancy circular stuff.

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky