• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When you see Bruce Lee demonstrated the ONE INCH PUNCH in those old videos, he was not giving it his all, he wanted it to be kind of a mystery to people. Bruce Lee was no doubt a brilliant MA, but he was also a Martial Artist who knew how to market himself. The one inch punch can be delivered with much more force than what he showed people.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well the principle behind it is interesting and useful.

Its very affective and quite useful if done correctly. My friends will try and it turns out being more of a push than a punch. Haha

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

If you use this principle at the start of any strike, it takes practice, but it will send your opponent of balance as well hurting like a mother.

• 1 month later...

in wing chun when we punch we use the entire body. by this i mean, that we have to be in the correct stance so that the ground becomes the start of the punch. an old wing chun saying translates as "strength from the ground up" and relates to another saying that means "six strengths as one" six being ankle, knee, hip, waist shoulder, elbow and wrist.

so yes , the hip is an important part of the wing chun punch because it is part of the stance.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."