• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long did it take you guys to get to your rank?

By the time I test for my TKD high blue belt, I will be training two and a half years in all (both arts). By the time I test for my red, I'll be training 3 years (in October). Ok, I'm rambling. I just realized how long I've been training :) And it's just the beginning ;)

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I have been training in Goju for 9 years and have reached the rank of 1st kyu. This may seem like a while but I am rather pround of that milestone. The major reason it has taken so long is because I started young and graded too quickly. I ended up getting stuck at a couple ranks because I was too young. For instance I cannot grade again until I'm 18. Foruntately I turn 17 in a couple months :) I have trainined in kobudo for about 5 years, same rules apply though :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Feb of 93 to May of 96. So a bit over 3 years to make first Dan.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."