• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If this question has been posted before I appologise. I was just wondering what peoples tactics were in a ring fight (3-5 rounds)? Do you like to go in hard and fast from the start?, or do you take it easy at first to look at your opponents movements etc.

The only tournaments i've been in were just 1, two minute round, with the winner going through to the next opponent so obviously there is no time to take it easy in the beginning.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im not sure if Zero was joking but he has a point.

With surch little time, you have to be agressive. Go there and set a fight for YOU. Set your Style, your distance and your peace.

Don't get the other to take the lead.

Of course, be physically prepared because been agresive means you have to spend a lot of energy.

• 2 weeks later...
pace yourself well.... but it all depends on your style of fight really. like submissionfighter said, set the fight for you, make him fight to your style rather than you fight to his, stay in control

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-

Fight with confidence. Make the other person fight YOUR fight. Intimidating and frustrating them is an excellent tactic. It can make them forget their training and fight wild, letting you pick them apart. :nod:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 2 weeks later...
monkeygirl is right, make them fight your fight, make them uncomfortable and then set them up for a technique. when i fight in the ring i like to go all out form the start and than pace myself. but my stand-up skills need work.

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

• 2 months later...
go for as many head shots as possible and when they cover up lay into the trunk

"sweat is the essential element. The sea in which the martial artists are born and through which they swim"

• 6 months later...
My coach taught me to go in petty hard in the first. In the second round you want to go as light as possible. If they throw a two punch combo, you throw three back, but don't go all out. In the third is where most of the knockout opportunities come in. When fighters are spent, They have a hard time defending Themselves, so that is where you want to push it the most. You only have so much to expend when you go into a fight so use it well. It has worked beautifully for me.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while since anyone replied, but I thought i'd say something.

I say the best thing to do is first learn how the other one fights. And fight smart, and Monkeygirl has a good point, frustrating them can really make them forget everything and make many mistakes. Just don't get mad yourself, and don't waste your kicks, you lose more energy in a kick or a punch when you miss.

The meaning of life... is to live.