• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dojo Buddies

I'm not..I have pretty much only 1 friend that I hang out with outside of class...I have known him for maybe 6-7 years now..waaaay before I started MA..lol...he got me into it again...but no, my dojo doesn't seem to be close...at least not with me or my bud...lol...

YS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have some good friends from the dojo. However a lot of them are just friends there because I live about 40 minutes away for one and two I have to much to do to hang out with them outside the dojo.

School, Kids, Work......kind of takes all my time up right now. Once School is over however I'm sure I will be back in the "loop".

Edited by BlueDragon1981

I had quite a time when I entered the dojo and still feel like home there :) I thought it would be hard to get along with the students, cause many of them are teen agers and I was a dinosaur 20 years old :) Still we managed to become friends and I feel like a kid again (not that I would be too mature :D )

Some of us went on a mountain trip with sensei and some relations became tighter. I consider them my friends and I really feel OK with them. My best friend is also a coleague at the University. although we were in the same "class" we became close after working together in the dojo. Now we are inseparable :)

This friendly atmosphere is all over the class. Sensei became very close and I won the friendship of other 2 instructors. It's indeed great and it's good to have some people you can trust that much you let them try nasty things on you, like kicks, punches, sweeps :D

Hmmm...perhaps the frequent journies to Old Chicago Pizza post class are why I'm overweight? So, to answer the question, yes, definately socialize with other Dojomates. :)

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

kickchick the cruise sounds like its going to be a lot of fun, when I was younger, single and had more time a lot of us from the dojo (25 or so ppl at times) would get together and hit the beaches in fla. at least twice a month. its great to have a dojo thats that close knit.

Many of my close friends are from the dochang. We have lots of dating, even a couple marriages, in my school. We all have each other's e'mails, so someone will just send out an e'mail to everyone in the club saying "hey, party at my place tonight" or "I'm going to lunch at such and such in an hour, meet me there if you want." Even the instructors go out with us too. Having everyone on the same campus is really cool! We're a big family, laughing and talking right up until the instructor says "line up!" Then all the rucus starts up again right after class, it's great.

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
kickchick the cruise sounds like its going to be a lot of fun

One more month to go until we set sail!!! Cruising to Western Carib ) Key West, Belize, Cozumel, and Progreso Meridia.

I'll be teaching morning classes on the upper deck!!

I'll be sure to post pics!!

I've made some great friends in the MA. Our class is in our church so I had already seen a lot of my fellow students around. It's a big church with three services so it's hard to get to know everyone. But once we started taking classes together it was awesome to find people with the same interests and goals as your own. :D Family is a great thing to have! :karate: :D

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

• 4 weeks later...
Some of the beginners of the dojo are friends outside and that is how they heard about it. I think the more advanced ranks are better friends because they bleed and sweat together. You help eacher other out when you need the extra push. We are all friends inside and out of the dojo and are constantly having get togethers, parties, farewells, etc for each other.