• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does fighting like a animal really work

why do people constantly bag out other styles calling them worthless because of some short lived experience with them? it's so annoying...

how about this

not everyone simply uses martial arts as self defence.... I don't study shaolin 5 animal styles but I'm interested in it as I really like doing forms/katas and improving my coordination, and I already apply alot of similar 'ideas' to my kumite in karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks kung-fu doesn't teach you to fight should try sparring my tai-chi instructor, who also teaches kung-fu. He's so quick that if he didn't actually make contact on his strikes, I'm not sure I'd have even known they were there. I trained in shotokan for 7 years and I'm not used to someone being so fast. I'm just glad he had good control of his technique because some of his attacks would have been brutal if he wasn't pulling his strikes. I think it would be neat for people of different styles to get chances to spar together more often so you don't get into the habit of expecting the same type of attacks all the time.

Also, as theswarm pointed out, not everybody trains for self defense. Why waste so much time training just for self defense when there's a good chance you'll never even need it. I've never been in a fight before and hope to never get into one. There are many reasons to train in a martial art and to me, self defense is really low on the list.

I agree DemXanth

you would be suprised how an animal style can be!

My Sifu chen yong fa from australia has the most destructive power and also the most ability to heal in one hunk of flesh, ppl tend to be too physical these days.

TJS said hed like to see it in K-1, fine step out of the ring and into the real world. There are ppl out there that wont resort to a 1-1 fight. U can brag about beatin up dozens of ppl in the ring but what if ur on the street. My father was a 5 th degree BB in Kajukenbo had extensive training in tibetan white crane and would whip 7 bouncers around like a wet mop, he was 125lbs and 5'6 but the minute that one person got scared enough he put 7 bullets in him.

So get ur heads out of ur @$# and realise what a martial artist is! :kaioken:

he is not a fighter in a ring that is a competitor a martial artist is an artist at life.

"U may be able to do a back flip,you might be able to do alot of amazing kicks and u could be able to beat up alot of people but ur still an @sshole,

it takes a coward to be able to hurt someone but it takes a brave man to heal"

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

where did i say anything negative? oh thats right i didint I simply said it would be intresting to watch them fight in a mixed event like K-1.

If you can take 7 people you shouldent have a problem with 1.

Wow, someone sure has a chip on his shoulder. Why do you feel the need to be so hateful to the other posters kaju? Do you think that your sifu would approve of your post? Is it the sort of thing that he would post? Next time before you post you need to take a few deep breaths, calm down, and realize that there are other real breathing human beings you are responding to in these forums. You would never talk to someone like that in person and I don't understand why people think its ok to be as hateful as they want as long as they don't see the other persons face. Try pretending that your sifu knows your screen name and will be reading your post, and see if you still feel comfortable with what you've written.

Kaju - it's meatheads like you that give martial arts a bad name.

The ultimate street martial (martial meaning military) art is the martial art of the gun.

but I hate guns - I prefer to do a REAL martial ART where it involves my body - otherwise I'm going through an awful lot of trouble just to beat someone up

Theswarm

I appreciate ur imput on the matter however u shuld strive to understand the meaning of my words before u begin to throw comments at someone, it would actually be people who are ignorant maybe like urself to give martial arts a bad name. Martial arts is the way of life,acceptance and understanding, by calling me names for a comment would be more ignorant than any.

it's meatheads like you that give martial arts a bad name

TJS said

think it would be intresting to watch an animal style fight in an event like K-1.

I appologize for my lack of understanding ur words i thought u meant something else :wink: Thnx for headsup about my post Dem.

Theswarm said

The ultimate street martial (martial meaning military) art is the martial art of the gun.

That was not the point of my post, REALITY IS!!

Learn and listen im not talking about how guns are the way of a street martial if u didnt notice it was my own father who was killed by a gun.

I Said

"U may be able to do a back flip,you might be able to do alot of amazing kicks and u could be able to beat up alot of people but ur still an @sshole,

it takes a coward to be able to hurt someone but it takes a brave man to heal"

Now where n e where in that sentence does it refer to the use of guns?

My goal as a martial artist is not to use guns or hurt people but to grow and ADAPT to life thats the only reason y i responded the way i did but as u can see i lacked understanding of ur words and i think Theswarm u should strive to understand aswell :karate:

And yes dem u are right u would not speak to someone like that in realife however that seemed to have been the problem because words have no meaning especially over internet lol!

But i appreciate ur acceptance and understanding my post without making a bad comment :D

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

No problem kaju. It's easy to forget over the internet when you're looking at a computer screen that you're actually talking to other people. I do agree that's it's harder to learn to heal than it is to hurt someone. My sifu's only a few months from finishing getting a degree in acupuncture and I think it's so cool that he actually has medical training.

hey theswarm,

I haven't actually trained in kung-fu. I had 7 years of shotokan and am thinking about taking kung-fu. Right now I'm just taking tai-chi from my sifu because he teaches at the gym I go to, but he has his own school and when I get the money and get in shape I might try kung-fu. He teaches San Bao Pai which is a mixture of northern praying mantis, choy lay fut, and hung gar.