• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How well can a yellow belt defend themself?

BKJ1216

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats only a question you can answer. I have over 10 years of training and I still wonder that. Thats why I keep training. Belt color don't mean much more than you have put in X amount of time. That goes for a lot of black belts today as well. They don't make them like they used to. LOL. (self included)

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Avoid at all cost any potential trouble situation... that way, you'll be safe 99% of the times.

Now, if for some reasons you HAVE to use force, Then i'll say, stick with basics.

Remember isn't quantity But quality what it counts,

At yellow belt, you at least know a Front kick, side kick, a couple of punches, etc...

That techniques are simple and if you train hard you can make them work.

And of course, you can always Add the Old Art of RUN-Do. lol that will help you even better sometimes.

Well if I have the basic kicks and stuff in I'm sure it won't be much of a problem. Most of the fights I have seen the kids can't even throw punches. I was also wondering if anyone might know. How fast do you think you will lose weight in karate?

One of my reasons for joining was weight loss, and if I'm going to be practicing RUN-Do as submissionfighter so aptly put it I better lose some of my LARD-Do.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Well, i doubt some jerk is gonna start crap with you because you are in the process of learning Karate me and my friend practice our Martial Arts at school all the time, no one bothers us, they just come over and ask us to do certain things which gets annoying and ask us to teach them some stuff..But they might, is highly improbable.

Yup :)

If they are jerks they aren't worth your attention my freind. :)

How often do u train btw?? At this level u should train 3-4 times a week.In my club the instructors, give self defence seminars in addition to the regular karate training. (for beginners) cause it does take some time and effort to reach the level, where you'r training will give you an advantage.

Read a book!

^ Lol, I can hit somewhat hard, I just wanted to know if I could count on my karate skills or something.

at any belt you really should avoid all confrontations as much as possible, but if you absolutely have to protect yourself then stick with the basics, things you have practiced over and over until they're almost second nature. BTW, the things you are learning now are what will become your skills later on.

just walk away.. karate is most of all a discipline! just walk away.. u don't have to prove yourself to anyone... and u can beat one guy for sure.. but next day u can't beat his whole gang.. walk away...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...