• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What happened last night in Taekwondo

Sorry - but if my instructor got on a power trip like that with me, I'd walk out too. I mean please, get over yourself - this isn't the frickin' army. Sure, I can understand having to do push-ups or sit-ups for not responding or for being too slow to line up for class etc. but for trying to explain - ? That's just stupid.

Lori

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2001-08-29 09:43 ]

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

• 4 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i disagree with everyone. he can do whatever he wants. if she doesn't like it, she can take a walk. martial arts is not like a diet or tae bo, you can't give yourself slack. tkd is one of the least disciplined arts...why didn't she just do the situps or whatever instead of talking back...:roll: when she opens her own dojang or gets to instructor status, she can talk and do that to untidy students. you know what that instructor was thinking?

the chain is only as strong as its weakest link.:smile:

if he likes a tidy and neat dobok and respect for him in the dojang, give it to him.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

He was testing her just like Marines do...

She gave in and quit. If she couldn't put up with the low level strains then she would not have lasted long in the high levels.

Some Instructors have power complexes tho... They are forced to train anyone who walks in so they are limited.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

If your instructor is as nice as you say he is then its posible that he was testing her dedication or comitment.

then again i wasnt there so i cant make an informed decision or comment on what the instuctor should or shouldnt have done.

But what is this were not marines were martial artists crap, theres nothing wrong with doing extra exersise be it push ups or running the harder and the more we train the better we become.

walking out during trainning or making up excuses is just a lazy undedicated weak way of thinking.

• 1 month later...

Man, deep story,

I would not have walked out, but i have different feelings toward an act like that from an instructor. They can tell me what to do. I might not like it but it is what they said. The most drastic thing I would do would be to just not come to class for a while.....IMHO.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

I don't think the instructor should have brought the student to bare like that infront of the class. He should be respectful of his students if he wants the same respect back, quite frankly if he was embarrassed by her walking out well tough! He asked her the question she answered and he basically made her out to be a liar in front of the class :kaioken: :kaioken: Who is to say her uniform did not get a little wrinkled during the class..it does happen.