• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Frayed and Worn Belts...A sign of experience(With a razor?)

Afro.Fighter.

You need to hand wash your belt....if you dont they will turn the area around it on your gi a dingy brown color from all the sweat it absorbs...you dont need to do it every day, but once every three or four months is a good idea. I have had my belt for almost four years now and it is just starting to wear at the knot...and I wear it an average of four times a week. I would prefer a slightly worn belt....because it is comfortable.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I had kind of a revelation ...

I realised in a way that in MA we obbey a hierarchy, like in military life. We too have rank and so on. And our belts in a way are like their ranks of officers ... And now the big difference: they show their rank by wearing impecable clothes and the things denoting rank (don't know how they are called, sorry my English is so poor :bawling: ) are in their case shiny and new.

We, instead like to show our rank by wearing dirty torn belts. A general could get his new rank yesterday or 20 years ago, he's still a general. A BB should be the same. And if in military life, those who rule are like from a magazine, I guess in MA we should be as clean and good looking as they are. And a worn dirty belt is not good looking.

And of course that was just my opinion. :karate:

I do wash my belt, but not as often as my gis, obviously. The belt gets washed monthly. The Gis after each use, and hung dry.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I like worn obi ( belt ) ... and GI with a few holes on it, not filthy, only old... altough my obi is in perfect shape and my gi is still lookin like brand new... but when it starts to looks like a rag i'll be very proud! cause it'll remind of my good and bad times to get where I am...

I'd never use razors or anything like that... I'd be only lyin to myself... that's wut I thinh tough...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...