• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MAs with only one eye ?

Well we all have some ... issues there (at the high level) cause otherwise we'd do something more useful than kicking butts and bragging about it in forums :D :D :D

Dustin ... Don't let this get you. Go, find a good school and have fun. You'll become more confident, make new friends and feel good about yourself. You'll have to take some care ... but we all do ... so it would be OK.

Hope you'll be happy. and I'm almost sure it would improve your life.

BTW ... we're the same age :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks again for the great encouragment :)

So ramymensa where about are you from? I am in northern CA and will soon be starting Danzan Ryu JuJitsu or Kodenken as it is called. I have tried american Karate as a child and loved it until I realized I wasn't learnign anything usefull. I then when on to try northern Long Fist kung fu but I question my Sifus legitimacy because he wouldnt let us spar or anything and I want more hands on PRACTICLE knowledge :)

I know when I was taking the kung fu my anxiety levels went way way down and I could even hold a job ;) But it was not what I wanted as a self defense style.

Anyway yeah good to meet ya.

I am diagnosed Obsessive compulsive disorder and Sever anxiety disorder :) quote]

There are many Martial artists with OCD. In fact the obsessiveness can used to excel when it comes to technique and form. You need to be a little obsessive when you are trying to improve your katas :D :D :D

Give it a try, everything will fall into place.

It is better to try than to wonder what if ??????

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Yeah... sometimes the only way to achieve legendary greatness in something is just plain unhealthy life-neglecting obsession :). It doesn't bode well for us people who want to think about other things in life too.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

Yeah... sometimes the only way to achieve legendary greatness in something is just plain unhealthy life-neglecting obsession :)..

:lol: :lol:

Good luck Dustin, you'll do just fine. You probably should pick up some sport goggles just to be safe though.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I have very poor vision 200/20 and 400/20 in each eye. Don't make it an excuse.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

The biggest problem I have had caused by depth perception problems in karate actually came during kobudo class. I had to be really careful who I worked with in one and three step weapons techniques.

WOW i bet! Do you yourself have bad or no vision in one eye or are you saying you have trained with people who are lackign depth perception? I am not sure I would even attempt weapons training for fear of hurting one of my class mates. I mean chances are everyone will have bumps and bruises which is fine but I wouldn't want to break someones nose with a stick to the face :D

Hmmmmm But weapons training would be fun!