• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Toughest exercises you've done in your martial arts

The toughest part of our warm up is the squats. My quads always burn after that. Then during punching drills we do a thing called burn out. that is where you just repeatedly punch focus pads alternating hands for a full 3 minute round. I never knew three minutes could be so long until I felt my shoulders burning 1.5 minutes into a burn out. But by far the toughest thing I have had to do as part of class is holding the Thai pads while my partner practices round thai kicks and switch kicks. Now that is tough conditioning. My forearm is still sore and a little bruised from a shin kick over a week ago.

GreenDragon

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grappling is the most physically demanding thing I've done - I couldn't close my hands for a few minutes after one grappling match, plus my arms were shaking; intense! Edited by karate_woman

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Our hardest session is our saturday squad training session it always starts with (after a warm up)

Sparring:

3*2minute rounds hands only

3*2minute rounds legs only

3*2minute rounds hands and legs

With 3 minute break between each round to do 1 minute of pressups, 1 minute of sit-ups and 1 minute of squat thrusts.

Then the second hour is circuit training or pad work.

I used to think i was dying, but now i've got used to it.

Bretty

Do you mean "tough" as in "physically draining" or "tough" as in "difficult to catch on"? If the former, I haven't got far enough to do anything really draining (I have only been doing jujitsu for a month). If the latter, our class's particular brand of jujitsu (Jinenkan) has you stand in a half-squat with your feet wide apart and pointing sideways. Possibly because the room we train in has the floor covered with a wrestling mat, I always feel unbalanced when I stand this way. It's getting better (the first night of class I felt like I was going to topple over backwards!), but still doesn't feel natural.

Panther walk---Get you body in a push up position, hands in close to the center, body very low to the ground. Now propel ypurself forward, backward, side to side by "hopping"(using arms to lift the body up about 3 inches max andd the feet to propel). Very fun.

Beginning of class, we do 300 deep squats, and then 100 jumping squats.

Sastimos---Joshua

There are no limits.

Goodness, where do I begin.

I remember one day for warm-ups we did (to a heavy bag) 100 alternating round kicks, 100 alternating front kicks, and 100 alternating hook punches, and 100 jumping round kicks. Then we did 20 elevated pushups. Then we did kata the rest of the time. Yes, I almost wrang-out my gi.

Other times I remember drills like jumping front kick + drop and do 2 clapping pushups, and then jump front kick with the other leg, and do the clappers again, and so on. May not seem like much, by after about 16 repititions you start feeling rather fatigued.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."