• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Toughest exercises you've done in your martial arts

Another thing I forgot to mention is that we do frog leaps 3 sets of tens,that's easy though.

What is hard is doing alligator walk,anyone here know what that is?Now that's tough.

Ya I can do fist push ups too as well as two finger push ups with both hands of course,but I can't really do squats any more because karate messed up my knees from doing those shiko dachi stances across the floor.

Yeah, we do those frog leaps occationally, also a low front stance walk (whatever you want to call that). I'd be interested in hearing details about the "alligator walk".

For push ups, we do palm, fist, back of the hand (fingers pointing in all 4 directions), 5 finger, 2 finger, and an attempt at thumbs.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountain kicks... kick 1,2,3,4,5,6 times, up to 15 then back down again 14,13...2,1 all without putting your leg down between kicks. Now do the other leg...

Jumping over people squatting on the floor for 5-10 min.

Spar everyone in class one after the other... we sometimes had 15-20 people

Fall over dead...#(

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

On the physical side mountain climbers just kill me... :o

What I find mentally tough is what I call the never-ending kata drill.

You start at Heian 1 (or Pinan) do it the regular way then go right into the same kata opposite mirror direction then go straight into Heian 2,3,4, and 5 both ways without stopping. The killer is the half speed with exaggeratted deep stance version of this drill :o :o :o

Physical endurance is one thing, mentally this ones a killer. Give it a try, I want you all to feel my pain. :D :D :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

KSN Doug:

Alligator walk is strange but not an easy exercise.

For alligator walk ,your whole body is only a couple inches away from the floor,you have both hands in front of you,every time you move one hand is infront and the other is slightly to the side.

It's hard to explain,but you if you know how an alligator walks,you'll understand what I mean ,this exercise is done same way as an alligator moves .

Edited by MuayThai Fighter

Sot of like walking from an exteneded push up postion right. I think I have seen them but never done then.

I am a big guy and never had a hard time skipping rope. We used to do it for football all the time. However we never went much longer than 2mins periods.

I don't mind lunges because I can feel myself moving but I hate squat kicks.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Sot of like walking from an exteneded push up postion right. I think I have seen them but never done then.

I am a big guy and never had a hard time skipping rope. We used to do it for football all the time. However we never went much longer than 2mins periods.

I don't mind lunges because I can feel myself moving but I hate squat kicks.

Not really,your body is as low as doing a half push up and holding it there except you're moving with the alligator walk,as far as extended push up,not really because you always have one hand pulled in tight,but a little to the side and other infront,and switch hands while walking.They hurt like hell,but still not as bad as doing duck walks if you know what they are.

Oh ya,I remember those squat kicks,we did them when I used to do karate,I hated those too.

Mountain kicks... kick 1,2,3,4,5,6 times, up to 15 then back down again 14,13...2,1 all without putting your leg down between kicks. Now do the other leg...

Jumping over people squatting on the floor for 5-10 min.

Spar everyone in class one after the other... we sometimes had 15-20 people

Fall over dead...#(

Sparring different people in class one after another,is not an exercise for us,that's something we do all the time as away of getting used to fighting people of all size and weight.

MTF I know what your talking about I have never had to do them but Im sure they are bad.

I don't mind duck walks that much either or basics on one knee because I can feel myself moving and making ground. Just something about staying int he same place LOL.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• 3 months later...
All advanced students, men and women, stand in a circle and pass a 10 lb. gell filled medicine ball from person to person. First person takes the ball and shoves it into the tightened stomach muscles of the person standing next to them and they grab the ball before it hits the ground and then the thrust it into the stomach muscles of the person next to them and so on. It really works the abs and obliques as well as the arms. Your abs must be completely tightened up to recieve the ball without being hurt. We usually do this about 30 times, It is a really tough workout.

Try 5,000 or 10,00 punches non stop. That can be quite trying.

Or how about 100 pepper sprawls from wrestling. Ouch!

Or try 30 reps of all the kicks in your system, 30 with each leg.

These and many more are the backbone of your local emergency room paitients.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching