• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Toughest exercises you've done in your martial arts

How come none of you mention skipping,which is one of the toughest exercises one can do?

I can understand you guys not doing shin kicks if you do traditional arts,because only muay thai or styles that include muay thai kicks do that.Doing several shin kicks is more painful then doing several front and back kicks,although we do that sometimes too.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I remember those nights when my instructor would yell out "ranger night". That meant nothing but excercise for the entire night. No Kenpo training whatsoever. We would excercise until the large glass windows fogged up in the place we were working out of. Having flashbacks of him saying down, half way up, half way down, down, up,...........etc. while doing push-ups. Then there was the dreaded squatting excercises.....slowly down until your thighs are parallel the ground, halfway up, halfway down.....keep your back straight :kaioken: , half way down from half way mark, and so on.............oh such painful memories :D :D

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

A tough one is holding your hands out to the side at shoulder height for minutes on end. Go through katas, and other excersizes, but keep the arms up the whole time. Boy does it burn.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

one that kills me is doing quick sets of pushups, starting at 50, then 40, then 30 etc all the way down to 10, and then one last set of 20

oof i cant move after that

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-

How come none of you mention skipping,which is one of the toughest exercises one can do?

I can understand you guys not doing shin kicks if you do traditional arts,because only muay thai or styles that include muay thai kicks do that.Doing several shin kicks is more painful then doing several front and back kicks,although we do that sometimes too.

I won't say because I did a traditional martial art that we didn't do shin kicks, dude :) Talking about pain ..... I been there .... several times in Tang Soo Do. My instructor learned it (Muay Thai boxing) somewhere, so he did those, and Thai style kicks till we about died LOL.

I did TSD, but my instructor mixed Thai boxing, Hapkido, and grappling in with what he taught. It was hard (painful at times), but so much fun :D I miss them days :karate: If you watch how I do low to mid section kicks (mostly roundhouse kicks), I kick like Muay thai folks. Head high kicks I do the Korean style kick, but I like Muay Thai style better, and I still do them in TKD :D

Laurie F

Speaking from my experience, we usually don't have that kind of equipment in a dojo. I usually go to the gym for that, but it's not part of my "in class" training. You did ask for "toughest exercises you do in your school", didn't you?

Skipping rope is killing...

I used to train in the Old School karate in the first years and wow, THAT was hard.

We did diferent kinds of conditioning exercises and drills (fist push up, chin up, kick Squats, running, all the abs exercises you can think about, Low zenkutsu dashi walking, Stay in Kiba Dashi until the sensei wants) for about an hour and after that, One hour of hardcore Karate. and If you did something wrong, you have to do push up until you get tired and then 50 more!!!!

We were not allowed to drink water, no breaks, No compasion. lol

We did Kata a lot, like 5 to 10 times each one. There was a point in which your feet start to get blisters.

And THEN Kumite, no protective gear or anything, if you get caught with a reverse punch, too bad. lol

Those time were the days my training was hard.

Skipping rope is killing...

I used to train in the Old School karate in the first years and wow, THAT was hard.

We did diferent kinds of conditioning exercises and drills (fist push up, chin up, kick Squats, running, all the abs exercises you can think about, Low zenkutsu dashi walking, Stay in Kiba Dashi until the sensei wants) for about an hour and after that, One hour of hardcore Karate. and If you did something wrong, you have to do push up until you get tired and then 50 more!!!!

We were not allowed to drink water, no breaks, No compasion. lol

We did Kata a lot, like 5 to 10 times each one. There was a point in which your feet start to get blisters.

And THEN Kumite, no protective gear or anything, if you get caught with a reverse punch, too bad. lol

Those time were the days my training was hard.

Ya I can do fist push ups too as well as two finger push ups with both hands of course,but I can't really do squats any more because karate messed up my knees from doing those shiko dachi stances across the floor.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that we do frog leaps 3 sets of tens,that's easy though.

What is hard is doing alligator walk,anyone here know what that is?Now that's tough.

I don't know about you guys,but I also find half push ups are hard to do when you have to do 3 sets of 50 great for toning your chest muscles though.