• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anybody here have any suggestions for a wing chun instructional video for a beginner? i am planning on going to a wing chun school during the summer, but i would like to learn the first form, Siu Lim Tao, and some basics before i get there....i have an excellent book by Grandmaster Ip Chun, but i think it would help to have a video and actually see the movements being done...thanks,

j

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 months later...

i don't think it's a good idea to attempt to learn from a vid before going into proper training at a school. this is because you run the risk of learning and getting used to little errors that you will have to unlearn at the school.

remember, before you can drink my tea you must first empty your cup.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Good advice to follow there.

Since you do not know the lineage of your future Sifu then the best thing to is wait until you start your lessons at the kwoon. There is no rush, the benifits from Wing Chun come soon enough.

Very Respectfully wcnavstar

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

absolutely.

like all chinese martial arts, wing chun takes a long time and even when you embark on the path, where it will take you is up to you to decide.

how far you go is also up to you

and how far the path goes depends on how long you chose to walk.

but remember, have fun.

if you don't like it, don't force it.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

hey~~!!!

you can actually download all the forms: sil lim tao, chum kil and bil gee

from the net.. sorry i cant remember from where exactly. i just typed in

https://www.yahoo.com then searched for wing chun forms chum kil

i found a really cool site each form is about 4mb each...

but i dun think you should train before goin to the wc school, becos you wont know the foundations.

http://pcorp.azn.nu | phuong nguyen | wckf | vovinam

well, maybe it's because i've seen many guys who say that they've learnt wing chun from books and videos.

while they do know the forms, they seem to think that that is all there is do and when they get shunted to the bottom of the class (so to speak) they get annoyed because in their mind, they already know the forms and think that they should be more advanced.

martial arts emphasis good foundations and in wing chun, your foundations are laid very slowly. i did about a month of just punching before i even began to learn the first form. and even then i was taught each part of the form very slowly to make sure i get it right.

it is easy to teach someone to do a movement right but it is much harder to correct someone who is used to doing something wrong

that didn't come out right but i hope you understand what i mean