• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Info about your school

i just wanted to know how u guys train in your schools, do u practice your forms, combinations, then sparring, and how long are your classess

in my school we of course warm up first, either do forms, combinations, once in a while some self defense techniques, and sparring is last, after sparring we end it wiht push ups sit ups

also, how fast do u get your belts, months, years ect.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am new to my TKD class, but I think it works this way.

Class is two nights per week(Tuesday and Thursday)

All classes start with a warmup then the following:

TUESDAY:

6:00 to 7:15

• Newbies work on basics to get them started with basic moves, terminology, etc.
  • Adults do grapling on the mats

7:15 to 8:30

• Sparring and self defense

Thursday:

6:00 to 7:15

• Kids Only

7:15 to 8:30

• Novice and Advanced combined, primarily working on techniques and Forms.

Kung Fu - Orange Sash *Last attended 1998

Tetsu Hei(MMA) - White Belt

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

Classes in my school are about 50 minutes. Most of the time, we are expected to stretch before class. I am in an advanced belt class (Blue Belt to Sr. Brown, with a couple of Black Belts as well).

Generally what we do is dependent on the instructor. Sometimes we do forms in ascending order, stopping if one of us has problems with forms (generally, I try to learn my form outside of my class, to avoid slowing people down). If someone doesn't know their form (recently promoted) they will either be put with a Black Belt, or if some others are having problems remembering them, we will go through it step by step. We also stop between each form for push ups, crunches or suicides, depending.

We have sparring and weapons nights as well... generally we spar after forms. We also have endurance nights, which consist of whatever hell the instructor decides to put us through (Pushups, Crunches, Suicides, Running, Speed Kicks, etc.).

Right before tests we do pretest nights, where everyone shows their forms, kicks, and breaking off. Or, you wince as you realize you won't be testing this time because the White Belt form evades you. *shudder* Nothing sucks more than being psyched to test and forgetting the first fighting forms. *pouts*.

Meiou Ikarino: "The Wrath of the Dark King"

Meiou Ikarino: "The Wrath of the Dark King"

Purple Belt in Tae Kwon Do (Testing shortly, mehopes)

19 Years Old/Female

I will not flirt with black belts.... I will not flirt with black belts.... I will not..... ah, what the heck :P

• 1 month later...

We do about 15 mins of stretching. From there we do some forms.. and the rest of the class is full contact sparring or conditioning (such as hitting the bags).

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

I just switched dojangs, so the classes are different here. We do warm-ups, then drills. The rest of the class is depending what is scheduled. We have a "cycle." For example, the school is open 4 days a week, and those 4 days are broken down into two days. Monday, Tuesday maybe forms, then wednsday, thursday maybe sparring. The next week it maybe one steps, and self defense. Then they repeat that the next two weeks, and so on.

Laurie F

2 hours a day, three days a week. Whatever Sah Bum Nim decides... :)

Though we usually start with warmups, and 30 minutes or so of drill. After that, it's hard to say. Lately, we've been doing a lot of hyung training. Other weeks we've done a lot of one and three step sparring.

We're also a small University club (30 or so active members) so it really depends on who shows up on which night and what needs worked on most within the group. 2 hours of Ha Dan Mah Ki is not unheard of :D

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

we have 5 areas that we train in: forms, hand techniques, foot techniques, sparring and self defense. classes are scheduled so that we rotate through these areas 2 at a time. so on mondays, you might have half of the class spent on hands and half spent on self defense, and then on tuesdays you could have sparring and forms. we always start with a warm-up, but for the most part, students are expected to be stretched out and ready to go before class starts. i like it because i don't feel rushed in class, and because i can choose what nights to come based on what techniques i need the most work on. of course, i suspect there are people who try to avoid nights where we're doing something they don't like, but they end up paying for it in the long run. ;)

we have class 5 nights a week.warm up's and basic fundamentals are everynight.

monday--one-step sparring and self defense(1 hour or more)

tuesday--one-step sparring and self defense, sparring, and forms(1 1/2 hours or more)

wednesday--forms(1 hour or more)

thursday--forms(1 hour or more)

friday--sparring(2 hours, then we run a mile or do cardio kickboxing)

we spar during class probally 2 times besides on friday.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

we do what ever the instructer decides that day and we always do some full contact sparring, and stuff, and then my GF who takes a kung fu class there (they teach tons of styles there) and then i will get into the fray when they start fighting and end up hurting someone, lol stupid kung fu, too soft shaolin kung fu is the only good stuff, i also do staves and kamas, my stave is custom made, black carbon fiber with a steel core, toothpick style and silver ends on it (chromed out baby!) and my kamas are really cool too but its too hard to describe them, and then me and my GF go do something, oh yeah my class is an hour
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/jae-repeated-kicks.gif