• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

...its gone to the ground.

Ok, I was justing thinking of this so i thought I would see what you guys could come up with.

Your on the ground, face up with your attacker bearing down onto you and passed your guard. What would you do?

This is not just to the Judo/BJJ/Wrestling community, I want to know what people would try to do from all styles, especially the striking arts.

Osu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would go to my 4 points its when you pop up to a turtle position and than attemp a takedown from the ground, really only us bjj guys know this technique

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

Well if I could I'd probably try and knee him in the groin. Failing that, I would try to punch his head or face (if my hands were free).

But I'm pretty crap at thinking of ways out of tricky situations, so they're probably not the best.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

If I had time on the ground that I could see him still moving in on me, I'd hit him as fast and hard as I could with a punch or kick or whatever. If that's not working, I'm going to try and roll out and hurt him as much as I can while doing it. Personally, I love getting ahold of fingers. Snap, snap.

The attacker has me in side control?

Grab his groin, and if he goes to move away, I'd transition back into the guard, place my feet on his hips and pull!

Simultanously grab his groin and bite his neck to loose him up, and if he doesn't move away himself, then escape.

What's the surface like? Multiple attackers?

There are always two choices, two paths. One choice is easy and its only reward is it's easy.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

By putting himself that close to you he's literally handing you half the targets on his body. Assuming I had any real knowledge of pressure points I'd start putting them to use :).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu