• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Different Martial Arts available in your area

Hey Blue. Not one that eaches it exclusively, most combine it with TKD. Or rather they have two classes: TKD at one time and hapkido at another.

I'll be sure to check out that site. Where do you train?

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was training at Minnesota Tae-Kwon-Do. A shoulder injury has kept me out now for a while and wondering if something else wouldn't be better for me. I enjoy TKD but have gotten curious about other arts as well. I think your list covered it well, there is so much out there !

You ?

No way! That's my home school too! I've been out for a while though. I'm training with a few guys on the side right now, mostly from the U of M club. It cuts costs which is nice when you're a poor college grad and it's better than nothing. Send me a message and tell me who you are.

We've digressed a bit here though. What arts do other people have in their area...

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

In the city there's a wide range of styles seeing as there's nearly 1 000 000 people living here. On the campus there are:

Ketto Ryu Jujutsu

Goju Ryu Karate

Shotokan Karate

ITF Taekwon Do

Judo

Aikikai Aikido

Wing Chun Kung Fu

Kickboxing

Fencing

There's also a traditional Kenjutsu dojo somewhere aroud here.

Panama city, Panama. For those who doesn't know where it is.. its a country ln Central America.

Aikido

Judo

Boxing

Taekwondo

Tang soo do

Hapkido

Karate Shotokan

Karate Goju ryu

Karate kyokushin

Karate Kempo

Combat Sambo

Kung Fu (praying manits)

I've heard there will be a New BJJ school open next month, but i can't say if its legal or not. Have to wait until its open.

In Croatia, as far as I know:

Shotokan Karate

Karate Kempo

Kung fu

Budokai

Aikido

Full Contact

Boxing

Tae kwon do

Jiu jitsu (I think)

Ninjutsu (a small, pretty closed school, in Zagreb)

And probably many more :).

In the cities I live (Pazin and P_ula (why is this censored? It's the name of the city I live in :)).

Aikido

Shotokan/Kenpo Karate

Budokai

Aikido

Boxing

TKD

Kung Fu also

Is what's his name still teaching san soo?

I seem to remember there being a guy that taught Tang Soo Do also. Matt Waters came over to Kuntaw from TSD, he was pretty active in the TC area till he joined the Marine Corps...haven't heard from him since. (I miss that guy, we had a lot o' laughs).

Do you know if Michael, (Buzz's step-son), is still in the area?...Funny story about Mikey....

We were up in the Soo, at a KSW event, coincidentaly...(one of Rudy's I think..)...I think this was back when Jeff Goslow and I were either white belts or yellow belts, I forget....but Mikey was about 5' nothin'...and I let him throw me around during his self defense demostration in the youth division, (I'm 5'10", and 220lbs), so it was really impressive, and he took first...then I saw him the a couple years, and I didn't let him throw me around as much...lol. He really grew fast.

My how time flies, I see Jeff is a 2nd degree black these days...I need to get back up that way, so I can thump him again, for old times sake...lol. Tell him Trav says hi, if you ever make it up to the Soo....

There are about 5-6 different styles available in my area that I know of, most of which are held at a small community college. They are KSW (my favorite, of course), Kuntaw, Judo, Aikido, and TKD.

---

You can run....

...but why die tired?