• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you think about the HK martial artist/actor Jet Li?

He is one of those action actors that really know how to fight. He definitely has talents based on his past achievements. Too bad modern movie magic can make every actors fight like a god.

If you check out his new movie trailer, Cradle 2 the Grave, you can see some awsome moves. BTW, Kelly Hu is in the movie too.

:brow:

http://cradle2thegrave.warnerbros.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm not really into him. He's great and all, but when I see his movies usually he uses these moves that are completely unnecessary. Doing all sorts of fancy things to do something that would have obviously (to semi-trained eyes) worked better if done more directly. I know the general public eats that stuff up, but I usually appreciate moves that still look impressive when they don't require 10 extra steps or wires to accomplish.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

I don't know I find him pretty entertaining and will probably see his movie, I always feel entertained afer a jet lee movie, well almost always :wink:

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

• 2 weeks later...

even though alot of the stuff is all wires now, jet li still knows how to impress. he has some excellent moves... not to mention he isnt a fake like so many today, he truly knows his stuff

i cant wait to see cradle 2 the grave, and i cant wait to see more martial arts movies come out sometime soon

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-

The only films I enjoyed of his were shaolin temple and tai chi master.

Jet li films are very heavy on the wire effects and the diaologue is horrible even in chinese.

Shortstick and I saw Cradle 2 the Grave last night, and we say 2 :up: . Very action packed, good fight scenes, ATV chase, and cool ring of fire. And Kelly Hu.............well whether a good or bad character, it dosen't really matter, it's Kelly Hu :D.

Oh, and by the way, Mark Dacascos, also excellent in the movie...........Won Hop Kune Do vs. Wushu 8) .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it today.

I liked it, although the ending to the last fight was the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Certainly didn't have the effect that the Romeo Must Die ending fight had.

Anyways, Tito Ortiz, and a few other MMA guys were in it! And I must say, Mr. Ortiz is a totall badass.

I noticed the filming of the fight scenes wasn't as bad as the rest of Li's movies. The american directors are starting to learn that we actually want to see people fight, not a bunch of quick cuts of barely discernable limbs flying around. The filming basically killed Kiss of the Dragon - although the final fight with the TKD-style guy was cool.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate