• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stupid

rabid hamster

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Same here. I shouldn't have "dissed" my TKD dojang, but in a way I was right. But I was wrong at the same time. It's not a bad dojang. They do teach good stuff, but as far as self defense, they make us wait till red belt to learn self defense, take-downs, ect. If I were in it for sport, and wanted a little bit of self defense, it would be an ideal dojang. But I'm in it for self defense, not sport. So, what they lack, I'm learning in Judo. It just took me awhile to "wake-up" so-to-speak to why they teach the way they do. My instructor (TKD) is very big on basics. He wants us to have strong basics. Which there is nothing wrong with that. I like the saying that goes: "Be affraid of the man who practiced a few techniques a thousand times, than the man who knows thousands of techniques and mastered none." ;)

Laurie F

Same here. I shouldn't have "dissed" my TKD dojang, but in a way I was right. But I was wrong at the same time. It's not a bad dojang. They do teach good stuff, but as far as self defense, they make us wait till red belt to learn self defense, take-downs, ect. If I were in it for sport, and wanted a little bit of self defense, it would be an ideal dojang. But I'm in it for self defense, not sport. So, what they lack, I'm learning in Judo. It just took me awhile to "wake-up" so-to-speak to why they teach the way they do. My instructor (TKD) is very big on basics. He wants us to have strong basics. Which there is nothing wrong with that. I like the saying that goes: "Be affraid of the man who practiced a few techniques a thousand times, than the man who knows thousands of techniques and mastered none." ;)

I've been in KSW for about three years now and my instructor hammers us on the basics every class. I used to question that myself at first but soon realized the importance.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Well ... I'm perfect ... smart and so on ... I wish :D

To be honest I don't look at older posts ... I think I'd be embarassed maybe, or maybe not. I just try to speak my mind, be helpful and sincere. Sometimes I'm wrong, but I'm honest in my beliefs ... and I like this forum :karate: