• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Serious Accidents

Tobias_Reece

Ok, this thread was spured on by something I saw today.

I was in the car on the way back from representing the department at a recruitment fair. My line manager was driving, and we were just doing what everyone does in a car. Suddenly a car crashed into a motorbike a few metres infront of us (I won't go into the details). The guy flew in the air and landed in a dodgy way. Fortunately, a police van was coming the opposite direction, so they provided some danger limitation. I have no idea how the biker is. The last thing I saw was him not moving with a bobby holding his head.

The only other time (thank God) is when my dad fell off a ladder and was knocked out for over 30 mins. That was pretty nerve racking.

So tell me - any of you people experienced that kind of thing?

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Do you mean that you have seen happen right in front of you? Or just accidents that affect your family? Or all of the above?

Sorry, I meant things that you have seen.

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

ive seen a car crash right infront of me when i was getting out the car. these two guys were coming down my hill at some stupid speed and smacked into a big rover thingy. turns out they were drunk in a stolen car........ makes me so angry, they could have killed someone.

turns out they were drunk in a stolen car........ makes me so angry, they could have killed someone.

You're not the only one who thinks that.

This also kinda relates to the 'eye for an eye' theory -One death equals another. (but thats very controversial)

I was working on the roof on my uncle's house, when one of the other guys miscalculated a recless jump and fell through one of the boards of the construction thingie surounding the house(im not sure what you call it in English). Te guy almost broke his back...As for drunk drivers... some medieval punishment would be in order

Read a book!

• 2 weeks later...

There is an area just south of my home where a lot of elderly people live. For some reason there is a higher than average accident rate there. I've been witness to a few, and was almost run over but an old man that probably fell asleep at the wheel, in an intersection, in the middle of the day, not even rush hour! ... :lol:

Actually, most of the intersections in my area are full of broken windshield glass.