• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Everyone!

oceanwinds

Have you thought of trying a new style? I was in ATA TKD for 14 years. I was in Kempo for 6 years before that ,moved to northern Ca. and never thought I would take up TKD. 3 years ago i switched back to Another stystem of Kempo. For reasons I will bore everyone with later. 2nd dan would give you more than enough exposure to the kicking skills of TKD. Maybe one of the many styles that has more use of the hands. Plus it could save your legs a bit. Also as a Martial artist its always good to grow by trying new things. Just an idea :]

"The more we change, the more we stay the same"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I took some private lessons in Kenpo and with the bo, but after a couple of months I had to move out of the state. Where I'm at now, there are only three taekwon-do schools. There was a Gung Fu school (hence my question in the Chinese Arts forum), but when I called they said they no longer had an instructor (it was sharing space with a dance studio.) So I will stick with TKD for now (it's my favorite anyway :brow: ) I have spoken with the instructor and I will be taking special precautions such as no flying kicks, jumping, etc.

I went to my first class last night. I originally was only going to watch, but one of the black belts offered to walk through some forms with me. I actually remembered Chon-Ji all the way through Po-Eun, Ge Baek, and Kwang-Ge (for those not familiar with ITF TKD forms, these are white belt through 2nd Dan black belt.) I was so relieved that I remembered them all...I guess it really is like riding a bicycle! Unfortunately, I can't go to class all next week, due to work, but I will be back in there the Monday after next. Wish me luck!

Again, thank you for all the welcomes!

:wave: Welcome to the forums Oceanwinds. Glad your here. Lots of experience and styles represented here. :D :karate:

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi