• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aims and goals

Tobias_Reece

Well said Karateka. Respect is the issue.

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said before I have ALOT of respect for other people, my goal is to gain the respect of others, thats all i was saying!

Ang :angel:

Angela Winter

orange belt, shotokan karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools UK

NEVER BE INTIMIDATED, NEVER GIVE UP NEVER BE DEFEATED.

you are what you are.

I wasn't trying to diss you or anything. I actually meant it in a good way. I was just giving an example of how I would try to gain respect and who I would give my respect to.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

• 1 month later...

first of all thankyou angie for the insult :kaioken: very not appreciated.

i like to perform on the day of the grading as much as i do in class. if i come out with the top mark fantastic because i know that i have worked as hard as i posibly can. and deserved my belt. as i always put in 110% whenever i train, spar or grade. as everyone at the club can see. as most people at my club will know that through dedication i have completed two of my three grdins with injuries (one pretty serious) and still passed. NO PAIN NO GAIN!!! so my short term goals are to enter more competitions... and win... and although im only a 7th Kyu, another short term goal to get my black belt! you'll understand this now, my long term goals are to get as high as i can in shotokan karate not just in belts, also to gain a shodan in more than one style would be interesting so that i can compare them and see which moves could be more aqppropriate in certain situations. another thing i would love to do would be represent Great Britain at Karate in any field, but i dont think this will happen. but the thought in my head will improve my level of training and concentration. sorry for the amount of typing. i went off on a tengent, im doing it again... sorry! :spitlaugh:

"Sssshhhhhhhh.... i'm sleeping."

Stephen Winter,

7th Kyu, Shotokan Karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools (UK)

• 2 weeks later...

:spitlaugh:I do struggle with goal setting. :kaioken:Sometimes it seems so much like the disease or other factors are so much in control of my life.

:karate:Karate has given me much structure. I began setting goals soon after I began training.

:karate:Being a black belt is not the be all and end all of my focus. My focus is to do as much as I can given what I have to work with at the time. :???:

Yes that sounds vague. My immediate goals are to polish tekki nidan and learn tekki sandan. And to take a look at Sakagawa no kon sho.