• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aims and goals

Tobias_Reece

Hi guys

I was just wondering what everyones ahort term and long term goals are.

Since I've been training for 10 years, my short terms goals are to get my 2nd dan in Shotokan Karate (which I'll be doing in September, and my 5th kyu in Okinawan Kobudo.

Long term, I'd like to become a Master in Shotokan Karate (long time) and achieve my Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo, to become a double black belt. I may also take up Iaido (the way of the sword).

Thanks guys, and a welcome to Chris Pullen. Glad to see u here.

Tobias

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome Tobias. :smile:

My short term goals are to pass my 2nd Dan grading this weekend and enter more competitions.

My long term goals are to get my 3rd 4th and 5th Dans, Become a full time sensei and get into the Great Britain junior squad (which i'm attempting to get in next year.)

Oss

Chris Pullan :karate:

"In combat know the enemys rhythm, use a rhythm he cannot anticipate, upset his rhythm, and win." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Oss!

Chris Pullan.

1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, ultimately, i would like to climb the ranks and eventually run my own martial arts school and/or security business...

In the short term i would like to regain my fitness (i'm 6 months off a 2 years period of SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS weight gain) and enter into amateur kickboxing.

Angus.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

My short term goals are to win the BC Provincials and the BC Games. As for long term goals...well...I wish to go to the Nationals, Pan Americans, Junior Worlds, Worlds and when Karate becomes an Olympic sport, The Olympics. Some people say that it is too far for me to expect. I tell those people to screw off! Never let anyone get in the way of your dreams. If they stop you, you drop them.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

• 2 weeks later...

My long term goal is to eventually make teaching martial arts a full-time career, whether it is working for someone else or owning my own school. For the short term, I am gaining experience teaching part-time and still learning/training in BJJ to become a better, well rounded martial artist. Another short term goal is to get my blue-belt in BJJ.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My short term goal is to pass my next grading (in september), and to eventually become an instructor/coach with Karate International (when I get my green belt). I would also like to master the art of Kobudo and to pass my first grade.

My long term goal is to eventually gain my 1st Dan, and gradually move up through the black belt ranks :karate: :up:

Warmest Regards

Darryl Garrick

(aka Goose)

This Message was edited by: Goose on Jul 28, 2001 8:16am

Goose

6th Kyu Shotokan Karate

9th Kyu Okinawan Kobudo

Karate International Black Belt Schools (UK)

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty I don't really have a goal. I'd like to say 'Black Belt' but to comit myself to three more years or whatever seems crazy without knowing what I'll feel like then. At the moment I am really enjoying my Karate but my aims are more to feel confident in myself that I can defend myself adequately rather than to start my own club up and become a fifth dan or whatever :bdaybiggrin:

I will say, however, I want to get my yellow belt in three months time and I want to get it with ease. I don't want to grade and be one of those people who doesn't really look like they've done it properly but gets the belt anyway, I want to look sharp and worthy of it. So that's something to aim for.

~The things you own - they end up owning you.