• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Japanese/Okinawan Stylist do you break at your school?

SaiFightsMS

Do you break  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you break

• Yes
    • Oh Man, I love to break
    • No
    • No Way, boards never did anything to me
    • I would like to try
    • It is a requirement at higher ranks
    • Interesting comment? Make a post

There is some interesting talk currently going on in the Korean forum here about breaking. I know some Japanese/Okinawan style schools break and some don't. So I am curious to see what is the general opinion here.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We don't break.

Well we don't break for the sake of breaking. I have a few of those rebreakable boards laying in the corner. Sometimes we will get them out and show the class how. But as far as it being a grade on a test no.

We break for fun but we don't do it very often.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

We also don't break, but at tournaments or demos you will see people from the dojo doing breaks, but it holds no significance during gradings or our training.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Leaf your Shotokan as well right?

Nevermind I just read below you name you were Goju Ryu. I guess the pic of Funaksoshi threw me off.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

We do it's a requirement for upper belts. We also do it fairly often to give us experience. For myself it has helped me to strike through my target and not just to hit or kick what I'm aiming at. It also helps to gain confidence.

Ken

Purple Belt - Shiho Karano Ryu

http://www.shihokarano.com/

• 2 weeks later...