• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There's a desk under here??

monkeygirl

Recently I've been looking around at my desk, and realizing that it didn't take very long to break a New Year's Resolution. I can only see about a square foot of desk surface under all of the scattered and strewn papers. I know that if I just cleaned it up it would be a lot better, but they're all things I need quick and easy access to, so I can't really put them away. Kinda. Sorta. OK OK so I'm just a weeeee bit lazy. 8)

Who here has messy desks? I know there has to be some masterpieces of mess out there. What is cluttering your desk up the most?

And now to what I REALLY want to know: who has clean, organized desks? What planet are you from, and how do you accomplish this? I am in need of desperate help, and am sure others could benefit from such wisdom. :nod:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

You would think that a neat desk is an organized desk, but this isn't necessarily so.

You say that all that "stuff" are the things things you need quickly and have easy access to...sometimes neatness can be a sign of organization, but the two aren't the same thing. An artist's studio can be very organized, but not at all neat. Part of the creative process demands that an artist be "messy." :wink:

So how can he still be organized and still be messy? Because he can quickly find the things he needs just as you said. Everything has a place that's located near where he uses the item. Because of this, the artist can spend more time creating and less time looking for things.

How many of us are neat, but know that we aren't organized? :wink:

... but then there are some that are both messy and not organized....and THAT is just plain LAZY! IMO

My desk is currently buried too.

Every now and again I decide to clean it up, it looks great, and then 3 days later its buried again. Its like someone comes in when I'm a sleep and dumps random pieces of paper and books on it. :roll:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

Its like someone comes in when I'm a sleep and dumps random pieces of paper and books on it. :roll:

Ah, so you have been visited by the infamous "desk elves". At least, that's how they're known to us in the Western Hemisphere. In some eastern cultures, they are known as "desk assassins". :P

Woo! I spelled "assassins" right on the first try! :D

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Its like someone comes in when I'm a sleep and dumps random pieces of paper and books on it. :roll:

Ah, so you have been visited by the infamous "desk elves". At least, that's how they're known to us in the Western Hemisphere. In some eastern cultures, they are known as "desk assassins". :P

Woo! I spelled "assassins" right on the first try! :D

Ah, now it all makes sense! :lol:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.