• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Top 10 Martial Arts styles on the learning channel

But I think the art of Judo, has done moreforf the MA community than any other single style. From amature, Olympic standard and even doing the business in NHB events.

Kodokan Judo, is a very very complete style and very wide ranging. Most dojos however just go for the no thrills competition fighting, when Judo is famous for.

For it to not even get on the list is a disgrace.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think G95champ is quite right. Almost any MA will always have some advantage over another in SOME area, be it actual combat or not. But some MA's--like gung fu's, karate, and TKD--were not intended to be exclusivly combatitive arts, and so should not be judged as such. Even if we were to say that one art produces better fighters than another (which I'm not about to say about any art, as it is never wholly true) that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better art overall. It all comes down to personal preferences and goals.

Might as well take my advice--I don't use it anymore.

Agreed Maestro

My only point in any converstaion about art vs art is its not about fighting and winning. I think true MA is about the whole pic as I tried to point out. Fighting and MA are differant.

Again I won't say BJJ or Thai turns out better fighters because that depends on the event and the street is differant. BJJ is great for one one one but in the streets you are lucky to get those odds.

Again none of us are right but none of us are wrong either. I just like to point out that fighting in NOT MA. MA should be about not fighting by learing how to.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."