• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess on the rankings

It was a mix between people studiing that art and its appeal in pop culture.

EX we all have heard of Karate or Kung Fu. That is a term that refers to any MA to most people.

Thai, Ninja, TKD are also pretty well known thanks to movies and junk.

The ones on the lower half were basically new arts. I know BJJ is not new but its only become famouse the last 10 years thanks to the Gracie family. The same is true for Kav Maga (sp) cross traing and Aikido by Stevan Segal.

The one that takes the cake is that crazy junk they do in Hawaii where you get punched and kicked int he throat and groin. Thats just nuts... Im sorry I just don't buy that.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

" The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war "

- Chinese Proverb

Depends on who they were looking at.

Kung Fu - Bruce Lee

Karate - Chuck Norris

etc...

Fighter makes the art the art don't make the fighter.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Depends on who they were looking at.

Kung Fu - Bruce Lee

Karate - Chuck Norris

etc...

Fighter makes the art the art don't make the fighter.

No some styes are simply more effective than others, Percentage wise certain Stlyes dominate standup fighting...Muay Thai, Kyokoshin, San da etc...does that mean someone who trains in another stlye cant win? No the fighter determines alot but generally something like MT has dominate success.

it was done by some guy (forgot his name)

not by many ppl or a poll or research, nothin this top 10 list is really wrong,

silat and kajukenbo should be in there

tkd+karate wtf is goin on

what bothers me the most is that people are gonna be ,misinformed now

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"

Who is to say the list is wrong............?

You Jiu jitsu fighter?

If there were say (for arguements sake) 100 martial arts. Then there should be 100 Number 1 spots. Its all about preferce at the end of the day.

If the guys that made that show prefered those styles to BJJ then so what....... you know how well or baddly you can use it. It does not matter what they think.

:karate:

If it's the same as last years, their ninja guy was horrable. I love (sarcastic) where the two "samurai" leap out form behind a bush and obligingly stand there about 10 seconds while the nija guy, ignoring his sword, goes from the "magic powder" at the bottom oh his scabbard to eventually thow at them.

That said, it would be a mistake to think that the rankings are in some way tied to effectiveness. They are, as mentioned by someone ese, a mixture of popularity, perception, and appeal.