• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Top 10 Martial Arts styles on the learning channel

Just wondering if anybody caught it tonight? It was on at 10:00. I don't know what criteria was used to rank them but it was pretty interesting to watch. I taped it and if anybody is interested I could post what order they came in. I don't remember the exact order off the top of my head.

Brazialian Ju Jitsu was 10

Karate was 2

Shoalin Kung Fu was 1

Ken

Purple Belt - Shiho Karano Ryu

http://www.shihokarano.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it before. I think it originally aired a few months ago. I have no idea where they got the criteria from either. It probably should have been called "Top Ten Well Known MA's, According To Our Producer, Joe." :lol: :lol:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Yeah, I kinda wondered how they were choosing them, too. All it did was tick off the people from the other 9 styles...except for those who practice Shaolin Kung Fu, of course ;)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

10. Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu

9. Kali

8. Krav Maga

7. TKD

6. Aikido

5. Juko-Kai

4. Ninjutsu

3. Muay Thai

2. Karate

1. Shaolin Kung Fu

Was the order they Came up with, Im afraid I would have to rearrange that order if it were up to me.....

I think it is pretty whack..karate over MT? is a perfect example.

BJJ should also be alot higher.

TKD over Krav Maga?-I cant think of one reason why.

The list goes on...

I saw it when it first aired aswell, with the ranking aside I really enjoyed watching it for the images and brief outlines of all the arts. Did anyone notice all the people reperesenting the karate styles were from goju :brow: . It was cool because I could see simularities between the katas they were doing and the variation I pratice, the footage was all from okinawa.

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Hey, at least, Tae Kwon Do is on there LOL. I would have picked Muay Thai and / or Krav Maga as number one. They are no nonsense self defense styles.

But they didn't have Hapkido or Judo or many other styles to pick from, either.

Laurie F