• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats Laurie! So, you have 3 different styles now?

About mat burns: You'll want to use a first aid antiseptic like Bactine. This will relieve pain, soothe (not sting), and fight any infection. Especially on those nasty ones on bare elbows :dead:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kensai, you are too much LOL. Thanks all for the advice. I saw a green belt rolling around on the floor with a brown belt, so I assumed it was ground fighting (ne-waza ..... right).

My instructor was talking about different things in Judo ..... For instance, "there are two ways in Judo, up and down." He said something about earth (I couldn't hear him with that part, because of the class. Anyone wanna explain? Kensai?

Laurie F

I am not really sure what your Sensei is refering to there Laurie. Although I would say that it has 2 destinct sides. Standing (Tachi Waza?) and Ne Waza.

My Aikido Sensei once told me (He is a 3rd Dan in Judo in like the 1950-60's). That Judo throws work to the sides. What I mean by that is that the angle of the throw is such that you fall shoulder ways. If you get my meaning, unlike Aikido which encourages your attacker to fall forward and backward.

Just a side note, I was looking at this site (found it on mcdojo.us)

http://www.kungfuschool.com/Videogallery.htm

It all looked rather impressive until I saw something called "White Lotus Katana". Now I dunno about you, but I am sure that Katana sounds a little out of place when refering to a Kung Fu site. :lol:

I am about to start in a Self-Defense, TKD class that does do a good amount of other stuff but it would be really great to supplement with a Judo class. Unfortunatly there aren't any Judo classes near by :(

Kung Fu - Orange Sash *Last attended 1998

Tetsu Hei(MMA) - White Belt

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

I think TKD and Judo go good together. But I am sore from breakfalls LOL You might want to look into a YMCA. There is no Judo here either .... so I thought. I learned about Judo in the YMCA through word of mouth. Lucky find, I guess.

Laurie F