• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

your first board break

i did my first today. i did a half board (the plastic red ones) with a knife hand, im quite happy with my self for a first time. but then i tryed a full board knife hand and OMG!!!!!! pain!!!!! hand bounced off.

what was your first break like? what can you do now?

*pray for my hurting hand*

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I have ever broken was my own leg when running in the sea in Devon. DAMN SURFERS, oh I would love to get that guy on the mat!

As for breaking boards, I usually cut them with the power of my mind. :lol:

On a serious note, congrats Mike!

Zero, surely you could have used your sharp metal claws (internal joke)

Kensai, you never used your magnetic powers to break a board (anothe internal joke)

I, personally, would use my sharp playing cards (my goodness these internal jokes are abundant today)

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Hehehehehe. You guys are too funny.

Anyways, my first break was a back kick (one board). That was my worse kick at the time. I had to do it for my green belt in Tang Soo Do. I kept saying that bad word (can't). My instructor started yelling at me (he was holding the board). He knew that was the only way to get me siked up. First shot, I broke the board. I was shocked, "Did I do that???????" LOL He smiled and said, "I told you that you can do it!" and pretended to whack me with the broken board. He is so cool.

Laurie F

Way to go Mike!

Pretty awesome feeling huh? :wink: (oh not the hurt hand ... I mean )

When I was a gold belt my first break was a single step-behind sidekick and then a hammerfist single board. We use 1-inch pine boards though.

I'm up to 4-5 boards (depending on the break) ... and whether or not I use the "power board holder".

To see some of the world records holders of breaking check this site out!!!

http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/karate.html

Some nice links on bottom of page too)