• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

eskrima

shortstick

Hey, just looking for someone who wants to talk a bit about eskrima.

I have been training in Sarrada eskrima for about 7 years, and also a bit in sinwali eskrima. My main study has been Kara-Ho Kempo, but i find that eskrima really complements the kempo training.

Chime in!

Shortstick

"The more we change, the more we stay the same"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ive resently got some escrima to play around with. if you could direct me to something to learn from as i dont have a teacher?

i have done a few things in JJ with escrima sticks but not alot.

thanks for any help.

I agree, one of the things I like about eskrima is that many of the applications work the same empty handed, or with a club, knife.....

And your hand speed does increase. Plus if you are planning to train for life, when you are 75 you may have problems throwing that jump-spin-hook kick, but swatting a person with a stick...no problem!

"The more we change, the more we stay the same"

*Bingo*

Flying-jump-spinning-spasmatic-wheel-kicks with a 1/2 twist are great when you're 16-23...

When you're 80...it's a whole different story.

It's all about the application, not how pretty you can make it.

I agree, one of the things I like about eskrima is that many of the applications work the same empty handed, or with a club, knife.....

And your hand speed does increase. Plus if you are planning to train for life, when you are 75 you may have problems throwing that jump-spin-hook kick, but swatting a person with a stick...no problem!

---

You can run....

...but why die tired?